Just a little cautionary post about mirrors on windowsills-----
Someone very close to me, who lives in the village, has told me of some scary incidents regarding such practice---
With two fashion-conscious young daughters each having a mirror in such a convenient-for-light position she related the tale of returning home early by chance one evening recently, to a smell of burning. When she went upstairs to investigate she found one of the youngsters' sheer scarves on the window ledge had ignited due to the rays of sun on the magnifying mirror. She dealt with the situation and removed the mirror.
A couple of weeks later, her elder teenage daughter smelt burning in her room and found two deeply charred areas on the UPV frame of her double glazed window due to the same sort of catalyst ---
----so, no major damage or harm was caused ---- but more by luck than judgement---
I told her I would post on here just to warn others and she agreed that it would be a good idea.